I finished this book in two days. I thought the layout of the story was very unique. I don't believe I've ever read a book that starts at the end and works it's way to the present. I did think it was a little redundant for Doetsch to mention before the 1st, or 13th chapter, that it in-fact is suppose to read this way. If you can't figure that out on your own...
The book follows Nick Quinn as he tries to save his wife from an untimely death, one that he is being blamed for. While in the interrogation room Nick is visited by a man who tells Nick he could save his wife's life. He leaves him with a letter and a pocket watch, he can't touch either until he is out of the room. The man leaves and Nick is left to find his way out of the room in less than 15 mins.
Shortly after the clock strikes 10:00, Nick finds himself back in his office, just after his wife was shot. Which he realizes is in the past. After reading the letter he learns the the pocket watch he was given allows him to travel back in time one hour at a time, to try to save his wife, Julia. Of course, this carries the lesson of "The Butterfly Effect". Every thing he does can and will effect his future as well as those he loves. It takes him quite a while to figure this out, but he does make a lot of discoveries along the way. We find out his wife has a few secrets, the police force is not always what you think it is, and more than just Julia has been effected by her death.
I don't want to give away the story. I'd like to give a review based on how I felt about the book. That being said, if I ever have "spoilers" I will mention it right off the bat. I would read this book again. I thought I knew the "bad guy" but was surprised, more than a few times. I loved the revelations that came about after each hour. I like a book that keeps me on my feet. It was a bit suspenseful which made it a page turner for myself.
I'd be happy to hear how others felt about this book, please feel free to comment, either on the book or my review. As this is my first one, I'd be happy to hear feed back.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment